Let's get started!
Below you will find all the different instructions for downloading and installing your Halfway Wholeistic Lightroom presets!
The written instructions look long, don't get discouraged. I listed them step by step for you, but they go quick!
iPhone Instructions using the UnZip app
Let's Get Started!
| Click your download link button in the email that was sent after your purchase to download your presets on your iPhone. Then Click “Download now”. If it doesn't give you the option to open in Chrome, you can copy and paste your download link directly to the chrome app. At the bottom of your chrome browser click “download”. It might take a few seconds to a few minutes to download depending on your internet speed.
Click "Open in" and scroll past notes, messenger, health etc, until you see the UnZip App.
You might have to select “more” to find the UnZip app. Click “copy to unzip” or “open in UnZip”.
Then click on the orange download folder to unzip it. It will be the name of the presets you just purchased.
It will unzip and change to a yellow folder.
| Click on the yellow Download folder labeled Halfway Holistic Mobile Presets (you'll do this twice). Then click on the (i) for the first preset.
| Then click “Open in”...Scroll to the Lightroom Mobile App. Open in the Lightroom mobile app.
| An Image will pop up that says the name of the Halfway Wholeistic preset. Click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner.
Click on Create Preset, then name your preset (use the name on the photo). Then, under Preset Group, click on User Presets. Click on Create New Preset Group and name it (Halfway Wholeistic Presets). Click the Check Mark in the upper right hand corner when you are done.
You will need to go back to the unzip app and add each individual DNG file as a preset like you just did. You will only need to create the new preset group on the first preset you install. Add the rest of the presets that you install to that preset group.
Once you have installed all your presets, it’s time to edit a photo. Click the back arrow (upper left hand corner).Then click the blue plus sign (bottom right hand corner). Click on a photo from your camera roll that you would like to edit.
Scroll along the bottom of the app until you see “Presets”. Look for your group (Halfway Wholeistic Presets) and Click on the preset name to apply it. Then click the check mark to apply the preset on the image.
Click the upload button (looks like an arrow) in the upper right hand corner “Save to Camera Roll - Maximum Available”. Congratulations! The edited photo is now on your camera roll and ready to post! You can edit as many photos as you like from here on out!
-Can’t find your email with your download link? Make sure you check your spam/junk folder.
-If your phone doesn’t give you the option to select google chrome to open your download link, you can instead copy and paste the link directly to chrome and continue following the instructions.
-If you are not seeing Lightroom mobile as an option to open in from the Unzip app, make sure you are opening the individual DNG file in Lightroom, not the entire folder.
-Please make sure you are in the edit module in Lightroom when you are editing images. You won’t be able to apply your preset unless you are in the edit module. You can look in the upper left hand corner of Lightroom to confirm that you are in the edit module when applying a preset.
Android Instructions using the Files by google app
1. Download the "Files by Google" app to your phone. Then click the download button in the email you received from us after purchase. Click "download now".
2. Select to open with "my files". In your notifications window, select your download once it has finished downloading. Select to extract or unzip the files.
3. Once the file is unzipped, click to open it. You will then see all the DNG files, which are your presets. Select all the DNG files, then click the three dots at the upper right corner or the Share button. Select add to Lightroom.
4. The DNG files should now all be in "All photos" in your Lightroom mobile app. Select one of the DNG files, then make sure you are in the "Edit" module in the top left corner of the screen.
5. Click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner. Click on Create Preset. Name your preset (use the name on the photo). Under Preset Group click on User Presets. Then, click on Create New Preset Group.
6. Name it (Halfway Wholeistic Presets), then click the check mark in the upper right hand corner to save the preset. Make sure you do these steps for all the DNG files. You will need to create a preset from each DNG file.
7. Now let's apply a preset! Select an image to edit. Scroll along the bottom of the app until you see “Presets".
8. Look for your group (Halfway Wholeistic Presets) and Click on the preset name to apply it. Tap the check mark, then click the share button (looks like this <) in the upper right hand corner.
9. Save to Device - Highest Quality Available! Congratulations! The edited photo is now saved to your images and ready to post! You can edit as many photos as you like from here on out!
Using your laptop and airdrop to install your mobile presets on an iPhone
Using your desktop or laptop, open the zipped file folder from your download link.
You will see several DNG files inside.
DO NOT click on the DNG files to open them.
They need to stay in the DNG format to work.
Send the DNG images that were in the zipped file folder to your mobile device using airdrop.
Once transferred they will appear in the camera roll of your mobile phone.
They will look like blank squares…this is perfect!
Once you have transferred the .DNG files to your phone (via AirDrop) you can add them to the Lightroom Mobile App by following the next steps:
Open the Lightroom mobile app.
Click the + plus sign in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
This will take you to your camera roll.
Click the 3 little dots in the upper right corner.
Now, click on each one of the .DNG files.
Click add photos at the bottom of your screen.
**Please note** the .DNG files may show up as blank images. Be on the lookout for those blank squares in your camera roll.
Once they are added to your Lightroom Mobile App you will see my logo and the name of the preset. They will still be in .DNG format.
How to Create Your Preset:
Open the image preset you would like to create.
Click the three white dots in the upper right-hand corner and select create preset.
From here, name the preset and create a preset group named “Halfway Wholeistic Presets”.
Repeat this process for all of the presets.
Editing Your Images:
Open the image you would like to edit.
Select presets from the bottom toolbar.
Select the preset you would like to apply.
Click the check mark to apply it.
Please note: You will want to adjust the exposure after applying the preset in order to achieve your perfect edit.
Congratulations! you have successfully applied a Halfway Wholeistic preset.
Lightroom Classic CC with XMP Files
Make sure the folder containing your .xmp presets is saved in a location where you can easily find it.
I suggest unzipping it and saving it on your Desktop.
You will want to copy this folder so that you can paste it into the settings folder later. Read the step by step directions below to walk through the process.
1. Open Lightroom Classic. In the upper left hand corner, click on Lightroom and then click on Preferences.
2. A new screen will pop up. Look for the Presets tab.
3. Click on the white box (towards the middle of the screen) titled Show Lightroom Develop Presets.
4. Locate the Settings folder and double click to open it. Paste the entire unzipped folder containing your .xmp files (the one you unzipped and copied earlier) into this folder.
5. That’s it! So easy and fun. If the presets do not show up automatically, go ahead and close Lightroom. Once you re-start it, the presets will appear.
1. Save your presets folder labeled Halfway Wholeistic Desktop Presets on your desktop.
2. Open Lightroom CC. Click on the edit button on the right side of the page on the top of the menu. It will look like three horizontal lines with a circle on each line.
3. On the bottom, you’ll see the tab for Presets. Click that.
4. Once the preset tab is open, click on the three dots to the right of the words presets. Select “Import Presets”.
5. It will allow you to choose from the folders on your desktop. Select the entire Folder labeled Halfway Wholeistic Desktop Presets and click on Import.
6. Your Presets will appear under the presets tab. If they are not there, restart Lightroom CC and they will show up.